- "PIPEDA" means Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
- "We", "us", or "our" means Caneris Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries
- "EFT" means Electronic Funds Transfer
- "Personal Information" means information about an identifiable individual, excluding publicly
available information, such as a public directory listing of an individual's name, address, telephone number, e-mail, or other details
- Identifying the purpose of data collection
- Obtaining consent
- Limiting collection
- Limiting use, disclosure, and retention
- Access to Personal Information
- Challenging Compliance
- We collect certain personal information from customers. The
information is collected for the purposes of
Only information neccessary for these purposes is collected.
- identifying and authenticating customers;
- service delivery;
- periodically communicating regarding services offered,
changes, network maintenance and other important announcements;
- marketing, research, and understanding customer needs; or
- meeting legal and regulatory obligations.
- Information collected may be combined with information previously
collected when one was not a customer and information obtained
from any other source, including but not limited to credit bureaus
or other third parties.
- The Customer Portal includes the display of personalized content.
The information collected and presented on this web site, particularly personal
information in the Customer Portal, is subject to strict confidentially,
storage, and access standards.
- Generally, the use of products and services by a customer constitutes
implied consent for us to collect, use, and disclose personal information for
all identified purposes.
- We may collect personal information
without an individual's knowledge or consent if
- it is clearly in the individual's interests and consent is not available in a timely way;
- knowledge and consent would compromise the availability or accuracy of the
information and collection is required to investigate a breach of an agreement
or contravention of a federal or provincial law; or
- it is publicly available as specified in the PIPEDA regulations.
- We may use personal information without
an individual's knowledge or consent
- if it has reasonable grounds to believe
the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal,
provincial or foreign law and the information is used for that investigation;
- for an emergency that threatens an individual's life, health or security;
- if it is publicly available as specified in the PIPEDA regulations;
- if the use is clearly in the individual's interest and consent is
not available in a timely way; or
- if knowledge and consent would compromise the availability or accuracy
of the information and collection was required to investigate a breach of an
agreement or contravention of a federal or provincial law.
- We may disclose personal information without an individual's knowledge
- to a laywer representing us;
- to collect a debt the individual owes to us;
- to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or an order made by
a court or other body with appropriate jurisdiction;
- to a government institution that has requested the information,
identified its lawful authority to obtain the information,
and indicates that disclosure is for the purpose of enforcing,
carrying out an investigation, or gathering intelligence relating
to any federal, provincial or foreign law;
or suspects that the information relates to national security,
the defence of Canada or the conduct of international affairs;
or is for the purpose of administering any federal or provincial law;
- to an investigative body named in the PIPEDA regulations or government institution
on our initiative when we have reasonable grounds to believe that the information
concerns a breach of an agreement, or a contravention of a federal, provincial,
or foreign law, or suspects the information relates to national security,
the defence of Canada or the conduct of international affairs;
- if a request is made by an investigative body for the purposes
related to the investigation of a breach of an agreement
or a contravention of a federal or provincial law;
- in an emergency threatening an individual's life, health, or
security (we must inform the individual of the disclosure);
- if it is publicly available as specified in the PIPEDA regulations; or
- if required by law.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties,
including but not limited to vendors, other telecommunications service providers,
debt collection agents, credit bureaus, 911 service providers, and credit card and EFT processors, if doing so
is neccessary for such purposes as service delivery and collection of payment.
- We may also disclose personal information to a person who in our reasonable belief
is seeking the information as an agent of the individual
- In certain circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to
all of the personal information that we have about an individual. For example, if:
- disclosure of the personal information sought would reveal personal
information about another individual, unless there is consent or
a life-threatening situation;
- the personal information is protected by a solicitor-client privilege;
- the personal information contains confidential commercial information
or its disclosure could harm an individual's life or security;
- the personal information was collected without the individual's
knowledge or consent to ensure availability and accuracy, and the collection
was required to investigate a breach of an agreement or contravention of
a federal or provincial law
- An individual may be required to provide sufficient identification
information to permit us to account for the existence, use, and disclosure of
personal information and to authorize access to an individual's information.
- We cannot ensure or guarantee the privacy of any information you choose to transmit through
use our services. Any such use shall be at your sole risk and we shall be relieved from
all liability in connection therewith.
track of your interactions with our web site. Where
available, we record the IP addresses, user agent
strings, referrer URLs, and paths navigated through
our web site. This information is used solely for
statistics and security purposes.
have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to