A Linux Virtual Private Server
(VPS) is a great alternative to dedicated hosting or
as an online PC computing environment, allowing you to access your files and data from anywhere.
A VPS is a virtual machine which provides the functionality and appearance of a dedicated server.
Each VPS can be managed independently and each VPS runs its own instance of the Linux operating system,
complete with full root access which allows one to install any application.
This is a cost-effective solution which provides only the neccessary resources without
compromising reliability or performance.
The Caneris benefits
- Reliability and Performance - VPSs are provisioned on premium HP ProLiant servers featuring dual Xeon CPUs and redundant hard drives in RAID configuration. As with our other hosting and co-location products, VPSs are located at our 151 Front Street data centre in Toronto.
- Flexibility - choice of Linux distribution, including Debian, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, and others (see below; custom options available)
- Support - live, local, and responsive 24x7 technical support
- Convenience - no setup fees and no long term contracts - service is billed month-to-month
- Static IP and reverse DNS
- Subnets / multiple static IPs available at extra cost
- DNS hosting included
- Fully integrated with our Customer Portal - allows managing/controlling VPSs
- Same day provisioning for orders placed before 18:00
- Asterisk-friendly VPS
|Speed||10Mbps up / down||10Mbps up / down
|Data transfer||200GB/month ($0.50/GB extra)||400GB/month ($0.50/GB extra)
|Memory / RAM||512MB||1024MB
For other options or custom solutions, please see our other hosting and co-location
products or contact us
For a free 14 day trial
, please choose the trial package on the order form
. Please note that trials are not automatically renewed without explicit customer instructions.